Wednesday 22 February 2012

2 days of shopping... I present to you... My loot...

Hello again,

So... As I've already tweeted, the past 2 days have been filled with some shopping... Meaning we went to Ikea (always fun) and a cute little market in Holland known for its cheap fabrics.

Let's start with Ikea... I managed to keep a hold on myself and not overdo it. So I only bought 2 gorgeous pillows (see below, along with some close-ups of the fabric to clarify its gorgeousness) along with a small pillow which will be the perfect stuffing for my flower pillow (the story of the flower pillow with its pictures will follow as well) and some adorable fabric covered in butterflies and cars... And then some kitchen stuff for dear mummy and boxes for the boyfriend, so I was really good ;-)

It's so sad that Ikea doesn't sell this fabric... I suppose in time I'll have to buy a few more pillows, tear them apart and obtain the fabric in that way... I mean it's so pretty...


Which brings us to the market in Holland, more precisely Tilburg... And I must say, for me it was a fabric walhalla filled with gorgeous and often scandalously cheap fabrics... Let's say there's one booth were all fabrics cost as little as € 1 per meter... So now you have an idea of cheap... The following pictures can give you a general idea of what I've bought overthere, so you know I've got lots of projects to come (though I still have to start my sewing-with-a-sewing-machine lessons)...




Now for some close-ups of the prints...





So... That's about it for the shopping spree... Now I just need to finish the projects I'm working on right now, which includes a flower pillow and a purple hexagon purse... I hope to be able to show you the pictures soon... And, you'll notice pretty soon that I never like to work on one thing at a time (just like I never seem to read just one book at a time)... So I'm currently still working on a blue wavy blanket and I've just started work on a hello kitty bag... As for now, I think I've talked enough, and I hope to see you again soon!!!

Love,
Crazy Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment