Tuesday 24 July 2018

Steak sandwich with homemade chimichurri

Hello again

As promised in my previous post and on my instagram (ansje684) I will share some recipes with you that I have tried out for Luca's third birthday party. The lucky recipe for today is... Steak sandwich with homemade chimichurri... Yum yum! But I have to admit I have always been a sucker for meals concerning steak. It's the only meat keeping me from being a vegetarian...

Now, I decided to try this one because I think fresh herb and veggie sauces or dips are always better than storebought ones. Hence my obsession to make my own chimichurri. And boy, was it easy to make... I'll be writing down the recipe for the steak sandwich with chimichurri, but I'll make sure to be very clear about the ingredients needed for the chimichurri alone. Don't worry ;-)

Why don't you try it at home as well, and let me know what you think. I, for one, love it! :-)

Lots of love
Ans x

Steak sandwich with homemade chimichurri

Ingredients:
- 1 baguette
- 2 steaks
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 table spoons of lemon mayonaise (storebought)
- 75 grams of arugula
- chimichurri:
     - 1 red pepper (Spanish or other hot kind)
     - 1 clove of garlic
     - 15 grams of coriander/cilantro (fresh)
     - 20 grams of flat leaf parsley (fresh)
     - 2 tea spoons of dried oregano
     - 15 grams of mint leaves (fresh)
     - 6 table spoons of olive oil
     - 2 table spoons of red wine vinegar

Preparation:

1) Make the chimichurri:

     a) Cut the stem off the red pepper, cut in half (lengthwise) and remove the seeds. Cut the
         pepper into pieces (they don't need to be very fine, as the ingredients will afterwards
         be blitzed to make a smooth whole)


     b) Take a high cup and add the red pepper, garlic, coriander/cilantro, flat leaf parsley,
         oregano, mint leaves, 6 table spoons of olive oil and the red wine vinegar. Blitz the 
         ingredients coarsely and season with salt.(I needed to use a bit more olive oil to get
         the right texture, so feel free to add some more until you have the texture you like).


2) Take a skillet and add the table spoon of olive oil. Put the skillet on high heat and cook
     your steak in 4 minutes (2 minutes on each side). Then, take the steak out of the skillet,
     wrap it in tin foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.


3) Cut you baguette in half (lengthwise) and put the bottom half on a wooden board or 
     serving dish. Spread the lemon mayonaise on the bottom half of the baguette and put 
     the arugula on top.


4) Cut your steaks in thin slices and put them on the arugula. Put your homemade 
     chimichurri on the steak (as little or much as you like. As you can see in the pictures, I
     like a lot of chimichurri on my steak ;-) ). Put the top of the baguette on you chimichurri 
     covered steaks. 


5) Cut the baguette in 4 pieces and serve fresh. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment